Mooroopna North Primary School is situated approximately 10km north of Mooroopna on Ardmona Road, which links Echuca Road and the Midland Highway. The school was opened on 12th July 1875.
The school and the area are steeped in history with family and community involvement spanning many generations. The school is the only remaining building of the early township. The school community has chosen to keep the natural bushland as part of the playground.
The student population is drawn from the town of Mooroopna and Shepparton which are serviced by a school operated bus and the surrounding farming community. Our current enrolment is 25 students. In 2017, the school has undertaken many exciting new endeavours. We are now the only school within the state of Victoria to offer Auslan via the polycom portal to our students in partnership with the Aurora School in Melbourne. We are currently taking part in the local sustainable schools project, working with Veolia Shepparton to implement environmentally friendly initiatives. We have also installed Solar Panels to make the current and old buildings more sustainable and reduce our carbon footprint.
During term 3, students and staff will be working with MusoMagic as part of a $35000 Arts Victoria grant to write, perform, video and produce a song. Look for the final product here on the website in term 4!!
Visitors to the school are always welcome and we are currently taking enrolments for 2018!